The purpose of the first session was to introduce the tools and to temporarily bypass many of the usual planning aspects of building a website so as to actually get some words and colors on to a page. The planning aspects will all be covered in the up-coming sessions.
To follow along with the session (as in the session video below), you may require access to these two resources:
- Ferdy Korpershoek’s YouTube video on installing and using Flywheel Local HERE
- Kadence Child theme HERE
Please feel free to add comments and ask questions in the Comments area below this post.
Features of video player
The video is displayed in the Presto Player which has a number of very useful features which are accessed through the six icons in the lower right hand corner of the video frame.
- The first icon displays the chapters – time points embedded into the video. Click the icon to display the table. Select the desired chapter and click. The video will begin to play from that point.
- The second icon is a MUTE button.
- The third icon is a slider volume bar.
- The fourth “gear” icon is a setting selector. Clicking that icon allows you to select the required quality and speed. The video is produced and delivered in HD resolution (1080p) and can be played in full screen mode if the your internet bandwidth is sufficient.
- The fifth icon selects a Picture In Picture mode.
- The final icon selects full screen playback mode.